Going Cold Turkey
by PamFord Davis

Going cold turkey…

We use the expression to describe a sudden cessation of a bad habit. A person resolves to quit smoking, the drinking of alcoholic beverages or other addictive behaviors. Bravely, they decide to go it on their own and refuse assistance and medications.

Trying to break the cycle of addiction they go cold turkey. After Thanksgiving, many will ‘eat’ cold turkey.

We’ll eat the celebration leftovers.

Cold turkey will cling to the skeleton remains on a spacious platter.

Maybe cold adequately describes feelings of a big letdown after holiday emotional highs. We realize mundane routines will return. Our attitude of gratitude must never grow cold. I can warm myself through nearness to the Master.

The resurrected Lord sustains life. I have a hunger that Christ alone can fill; He gives grace, joy and fulfillment. He fills me with His Holy Spirit.

“For the entire fullness of God’s nature dwells bodily in Christ, and you have been filled by Him, who is the head over every ruler and authority (Colossians 2:9 HCSB).”

Thanks-giving is not a tip left on a plate for the server. It’s praise on our lips to the Savior!



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print