TEND YOUR GARDEN
by Demilade Eni-O'fe Omoniyi

For many nature enthusiasts, being in a garden is a very beautiful experience. The scenery provides an avenue to appreciate the uniqueness of nature, from the elegant greens to the cute petite shrubs and to the exquisite flowers. Sometimes, a good time at a five-star hotel, laden with all its artificial glory, cannot compare to a cool evening out in a well-tended garden. A visit to the Gardens of Versailles in France, the Kew Royal Botanical Gardens in New York and Agodi Gardens in Nigeria attest to this nature’s wonder. As long as the gardener cares for it, this nature’s gift continues to bless men with serenity and therapy.


None of the gardens today however matched the first garden in excellence. There is no other garden today, as beautiful as they are, that could be compared to the garden of God in Eden. It was the gold standard. The Architect and Horticulturist of Eden designed it not only to meet the physical needs of man – food, shelter, security, amongst others, but also to attend to the spiritual need – fellowship. Adam consistently fellowshipped with God in this garden, and all that was required of man was to tend and keep the garden.


“Then the Lord God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to tend and keep it”
Genesis 2:15 (NKJV)


True, man has fallen from the first estate and lost this first garden. There yet remains a garden, a more beautiful garden that man can possess. If any man be in Christ Jesus, he again possesses a garden able to meet every need – physical and spiritual. The regenerated life [heart] is as the beautiful garden that the new man possesses (Jeremiah 31:12c). Are you now in Christ? Awesome! You again have a beautiful garden! In addition to this new gift, you must also know that your position as a gardener has been restored. You now have a responsibility. You need to tend and keep this garden.

“Keep your heart with all diligence, for out of it spring the issues of life”
Proverbs 4:23
“…that Christ may dwell in your hearts…”
Ephesians 3:17

The heart has everything to do with your life needs and supply hence the reason the Bible admonishes us to guard it. Guarding or protecting the garden is all part of the work of tending the garden. Your fellowship with God is now primarily at the level of your heart. He seeks to dwell there and commune with you, just like in the Garden of Eden with Adam. There was no record of God coming to Eden and having a need to complain about Adam not tending the garden properly. It is only the garden of the sluggard that grows thorns and briers. Would you prefer that to happen under your watch also? It is needful you say yes to diligence and wisdom today. Tend and keep the garden you have been given. Tend the new life given to you.



Demilade Omoniyi is a child of God dedicated to evangelism by writing. He is a medical doctor committed to missions and outreaches. He shares some of his thoughts also on First Love Media.
demiladeomoniyi.wordpress.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print