Deriving Joy From The Word Of God
by Ngozi Nwoke

Do you know that the word of God is a major source of joy to your soul? Every word of the Lord received never leaves you the same. A word from Him daily keeps you going all through the day. This post encourages you to go for the joy from the word of the Almighty God.

Your words were found, and I ate them, And Your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart; For I am called by Your name, O LORD God of hosts - Jeremiah 15:16 (NKJV).

I rejoice at your word as one who finds great treasure - Psalms 119:162 (NKJV).

People are discouraged, frustrated and dismayed because they don't have the needed word from God. The Lord created the whole world and upholds all things by the word of His power (Hebrews 1:3), including man. Therefore, for you to be at your best you have to be maintained by the Lord's words.

God's word cleanses and makes whole (Ephesians 5:26). It builds up joy in your heart, which works in your body like medicine (Proverbs 17:22). The word of the Lord when received is like acquiring great treasures that will lift you and make your life comfortable. There is so much joy when you believe and apply the word of God in your life; it is your manual for a joyous and successful life.

The word of the Lord is so potent because He is the Creator of the universe, the Alpha and the Omega, who knows the end from the beginning and sees what you don't see. He has been and will remain even after all have gone. His word is final in heaven (Lamentations 3:37), on earth and beneath the earth, and nothing can challenge His word (Isaiah 14:27). Therefore have faith in God and His word (Mark 11:22).

Many people fail to derive the benefits of God's word because they don't even read it, nor consider it as a source of joy. At the same time, some Christians fail to enjoy its benefits because they don't mix the hearing of the word with faith (Hebrews 4:2). You must believe that what God said is what He will do no matter what may be happening. He is a covenant keeping God, His words will He never break nor alter what He had uttered (Psalm 89:34).

There is joy unspeakable in the word of the Lord. Any of His words you believe in and act on will make you to rejoice. It produces hope in you and empowers you to hold unto God till you see your desired change. It helps you to see the mountain before you crumble and in its place your answered prayer. Like Abraham our father, joy from God's word, having mixed it with faith, will cause you to constantly give glory to God because you will be fully convinced that what God had promised He is able also to perform (Romans 4:20-21).

Therefore, pick up your bible and go for the joy that lies within it despite the situation you may find yourself in. Believe and act on God's word, thereby opening up the flow God's unspeakable joy within you, which will lead to your salvation from that situation (Isaiah 12:3).

 



Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print