Do It All Because You Love The Lord
by Ngozi Nwoke

Are you serving God because you love Him or is there another reason behind your service? Every service has a reward but the question is, "What reward will it be and who will give it?" Many Christians are diligently serving in the kingdom but they will not be rewarded by God because they are not doing it because they love the Lord. This article encourages you to do all you do because you love the Lord.

But that the world may know that I love the Father, and as the Father gave Me commandment, so I do. Arise, let us go from here - John 14:31 (NKJV).

And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ - Colossians 3:23-24 (NKJV).

Therefore, when you do a charitable deed, do not sound a trumpet before you as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory from men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward - Matthew 6:2 (NKJV).

Believing Christians are encouraged to serve God first by the word of the Lord and secondly by ministers of the gospel because that is what the word of God commands. However, your service will only be rewarded if it's done out of your love for the Almighty and as He had commanded.

Many Christians are serving the Father for many other reasons: to please or be recognized by some persons, to paint a picture of a very serious and hardworking Christian, to get help from fellow Christians or to assume positions of authority and exercise power over others. Some people even serve in churches with the primary aim of getting married to someone from there. Is their serving the Lord wrong? No, but their motive is wrong and as such will not be rewarded by God. If they achieve their purpose for serving, that becomes their reward. However, that is not the best. God has greater rewards for those who serve because they love Him; for if you love God you will obey His commandments (John 14:15).

Jesus demonstrated His love for the Father by doing His will even as He had commanded, and He expects us to do likewise. Do whatever you do heartily as unto the Lord, knowing very well that He is the rewarder of them that diligently seek Him (Hebrews 11:6).

God weighs our actions (1 Samuel 2:3) and checks our hearts in everything we do; He doesn't look at the outward appearance but at the heart (1 Samuel 16:7). You may succeed in fooling man but not the Lord. People may give you accolade but the Father may reject your service.

When Saul made an unlawful service because of the men that were scattering away from him, God rejected His sacrifice and took the kingship from his family (1 Samuel 13:1-14). Offering a sacrifice was not wrong but it was not his position to do so at that time and his motive for making the sacrifice was wrong. Paul on the other hand served God heartily and God was always providing for him and delivering him from the hands of his enemies (Acts 27:23-24).

In conclusion, don't serve in the kingdom because of any other reason other than that you love God. Service out of love for God always attracts the Lord's approval and blessings; otherwise it is rejection and punishment. Choose today to serve in the kingdom because you love the Lord.



Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print