Medical Science - The State Of Conciousness At Death
by Rik Charbonneaux

"And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die." John 11:26a ESV

As a follow-up of current scientific information to Rolland Crim's excellent article "United In Resurrection" -12/08/2018, FaithWriters.Com, I offer these findings of the latest study into the question of life after death from the medical research platform:

After studying 1500 subjects from around the world who were resuscitated after being declared clinically dead, researchers at the Langone School of Medicine of New York have concluded that during the last moments of death, the human brain activity dramatically increases. It is during this last burst of brain activity (hyper-alerted state) that researchers now say that our conscious mind recognises and knows that death is or has occurred.*

Dr Sam Parnia is Director of critical care and resuscitation research at the NYU Langone School of Medicine, and these results have led him to believe that "consciousness continues even when the brain has stopped functioning." **

Many further studies will be conducted along these perimeters to hopefully show that our "consciousness" is separate from both our physical body and our brain. If so, then what Christians have always held as truth about life after death may become a rational view for even the most skeptical non-believer; that the human conscience continues after death.

*The Independent, UK, "When you die you know you are dead: Major study shows mind still works after the body shows no signs of life", by Dave Maclean, October 18, 2017

**LifeTrainings.Com, "Does Consciousness Continue after Death?"



Rik Charbonneaux is a retired NE Iowan who loves all of God's Word and all of His creatures.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print