Having Done All, Stand
by Ngozi Nwoke

Do you feel you've done all and you want to quit? No, it's not time to quit but time to stand. When you have done all, the next thing to do is to remain standing. As long as you are standing, you will not be defeated. This article urges you to keep standing when you have done all you know to do.

Therefore take up the whole armor of God that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints-Ephesians 6:13-18 (NKJV).

Are you struggling with your business, career, health, children and you are about to give up? Quitting is not an option. If it is for a good cause and the Holy Spirit is not prompting you that you are in the wrong, then you must stand. Victory has been declared concerning that issue, yours is to stand to see it fulfilled. This may seem difficult but you need to stand, being strong in the Lord and guarding yourself with the whole armour of God.

In a wrestling match, as long as the one on the floor can keep raising the hand, the other cannot be declared the winner. Your Father is not a loser and as a lion He gives in to no one. You as His offspring should do likewise. You are born to win. Stand therefore with the whole armour of God in place.

The whole armour of God

The armour of God enables you to stand strong no matter how long it may take. It is the dressing for victory over your enemies. It will ensure that the enemy does not steal, kill or destroy anything that concerns you.  These include:

1. Helmet of salvation - is being born again having heard the word of life, which is giving your life to Jesus and accepting Him as your personal Lord and Saviour. John 3:3.

2. Breastplate of righteousness - is being and living right as stated in God's word and having a right standing with God. 2 Corinthians 5:17-21.

3. Belt of truth - embracing and living by the word, which is the truth. John 8:32.

4. Sword of the Spirit - the word of God with which you attack and defeat your enemy. It must never depart from your mouth. Jesus defeated the enemy by the word during His temptation in the wilderness. Matthew 4:1-11.

5. Shield of faith - enables you quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. Faith keeps the darts of the enemy from touching you, not to talk of harming you. Faith comes by hearing the word of the Lord. Romans 10:17.

6. Feet shod with the gospel of peace - gospel of Christ is the gospel of peace. As much as it lies with you be at peace with all men, going by the word of Jesus, the Prince of peace. Romans 12:18

7. Praying always - prayer keeps the enemy away. It generates fire around you that wards off every beast. Pray according to the Word of Lord without ceasing. A praying person is a powerful person. Matthew 26:41.

Ultimately, the foundation of the armour of God is the word of God. The level of revelation you get from the word determines how fortified you will be and how long you will be enabled to stand. Abraham, having done all, stood for 25 years to see the fulfillment of God's word concerning his fruitfulness. The Father blessed him with long life, which enabled him to see his son married. The Lord is the God of on-time. He is never late. Quitting is not an option, rather stand till you win.

Therefore, put on the whole armour of God that you may be empowered to stand. The good news is that it is neither by your might nor power but by the Spirit of God. Seek and embrace the help of the Holy Spirit as you put on the whole armour of God and He will ensure that the armour is in place and well fortified, enabling you to stand the test of time. Today, I encourage you to be steadfast and unmovable, abounding in the work of the Lord.

 



Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print