Mr C, Mr Christmas and Me
by PamFord Davis

Our Ford family Christmases included Mr. C. and Mr. Christmas. Growing up, I watched Perry Como and Andy Williams Christmas specials every year. Now, their programs are Christmas classics. I’ve learned life lessons from both entertainers.

Making an effort to keep Christ in Christmas, Perry Como shared the nativity story each year. I recall scenes of Mary riding on a donkey into the city of Bethlehem. Joseph led the beast of burden to an inn and then a stable. As Mr. C. read the Luke narrative, I learned that Mary gave birth to Jesus, the Son of God. Mr. Christmas taught me something too.

He demonstrated the importance of family in Christmas. Each year viewers saw his wife, parents, children, siblings and their families on the Andy Williams Christmas TV specials. Sadly, the seemingly ideal marriage between Andy and wife Claudine ended in divorce. That does not negate the importance of family in Christmas traditions.

Mary was Jesus’ mother; God was His Father and Joseph was His protector.

The magi departed…

“And being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed into their own country another way.

And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him.

When he arose, he took the young child and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt:

And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son (Matthew 2:12-15 KJV).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print