Waiting and Watching
by PamFord Davis

I paid little attention to the big clock on the classroom wall throughout the day. Yet, when 7th period drew to a close it occupied my time. I watched the slow but steady moving of the second hand on the face of the clock.

The school bell would ring; my wait for dismissal would come. Devout Jews had waited and watched; they looked for the Messiah. 

He arrived.

“But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ (Galatians 4:4-7 KJV).”

God sent His Son. As prophesied, Jesus was born in Bethlehem.

Wise men asked, “Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.

When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him.

And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born.

And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet (Matthew 2:2b-5 KJV).”

Years later, many (like the woman at the well) were still waiting.

“The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.

Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he (John 4:25-26 KJV).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print