The Journey Home
by PamFord Davis

Expecting after Christmas blues?

Many will experience depression soon after Christmas.

Anxious to visit family and friends, people will journey out of town. Countless travelers will go out of state, some even flying out of the country.

As they make their journeys, they’ll experience emotions of anticipation and joy. Yet, returning home many will be sad to leave their loved ones behind.

I can only speculate on the emotional state of the wise men.

I don’t believe they experienced an emotional letdown; they had 'knelt down' in worship of the King of the Jews. 

It was a long journey back to their homeland. Were they mediating in silence or talking incessantly of what had happened?

The star had not let them down. God had not let them down.

“When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy.

And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense and myrrh.

And being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed into their own country another way (Matthew 2:10-12 KJV).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print