Christmas Without Christ?
by Ngozi Nwoke

What is Christmas to you? Many people have different reasons for celebrating Christmas; including time for holiday, feasting, traveling, shopping and reunions. However, the main reason for the celebration is normally not remembered, it is now Christmas without Christ. This is very unfortunate and should be corrected in the minds and lives of Christians. This article encourages believers in Christ to focus more on Jesus during Christmas season since He is the reason for the celebration.

For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given... - Isaiah 9:6 (NKJV).

Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, wise men from the East came to Jerusalem,... and when they had come into the house... And when they had opened their treasures, they presented gifts to Him: gold, frankincense, and myrrh - Matthew 2:1, 11 (NKJV).

Christmas has been turned to different celebrations other than the celebration of the birth of Jesus. What is Christmas without Christ? Unbelievers celebrate it without knowing the reason for the season. The children are more after "Father Christmas", the Christmas gifts, lights and decorations. People prepare so much for this celebration, yet, most people don't have encounter with Christ as part of the preparation.

Christmas is the accepted birthday for Jesus Christ, so the celebration should be all centered on Him. When you are celebrating your birthday, the celebration is centered on you. People gather because of you, the preparations are for the people coming because of you, the prayers are said for you and the gifts are for you. Sometimes, people may even ask you what you want for your birthday and they will be ready to do exactly what you desire. But during Christ's birthday, the highest thing done most of the time is for churches to dramatize the birth of Jesus Christ and preach about His birth. This is good, but we need to do more than that.

What are you going to do this Christmas for and because of Jesus? Jesus was given by God the Father to save us because of His love for us. One important thing you can do is to give God heart-felt thanks for giving Christ to us. Also thank God for Jesus and for all He had done in your life. It should be a season of thanksgiving unto God. The birth of the Lord gave birth to so many blessings from God, including the salvation of our souls.

Furthermore, the celebration of Christ's birth is a celebration of the love of God, which goes with giving. You need to ask the Lord what He wants you to do for Him and do exactly that. That will be a great gift from you that He would really appreciate and reward you for. Jesus is still accepting gifts. This gift could be in cash or in kind for the spread of the gospel. It could be in sharing the love of Jesus with others by meeting their needs, both spiritual and physical needs, emphasizing that Jesus loves them and that they are part of the reason why He was born. Christmas celebration should be centered on Christ.

What more can I say? The best Christmas is one spent at the feet of Jesus. Decide to spend time with Christ this season and you will be glad you did for you will never be the same again. There is no true Christmas without Christ!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!



Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print