Turn Those Prayer Request To Thanksgiving
by Ngozi Nwoke

Have you been praying and it's as if your prayers are not being answered? This can depress or discourage one if one is not grounded in God's love and word. It's time to switch to thanksgiving and praise for a change of story.

And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them. And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one's bands were loosed - Acts 16:25-26 (KJV).

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God - Philippians 4:6 (NKJV).

People have prayed for things to the point they think that God does not answer prayers or God doesn't want to answer them; yet it's not true. The word of God says we should pray and conclude with thanksgiving (Philippians 4:6). When you pray according to God's will, He hears you. Since He hears you, you know that you have received the petitions that you asked of Him (1 John 5:14-5). So, the next thing to do is to thank Him till you see the manifestation of what you asked for.

It's time to turn those prayer requests into thanksgiving. Instead of asking for those things again and again, start thanking God for them. Thank Him for hearing your prayers and for their manifestation. This shows that you actually believe that God has answered your prayers and that it would soon be a reality. Start celebrating as if you already have them. Thanksgiving is an express indicator of your faith in God.

Paul and Silas prayed when they were in prison. But they didn't stop at praying, they moved unto praises and thanksgiving and God showed up (Acts 16:25-26). Also, Jesus Christ always concluded with thanksgiving, provoking God's supernatural manifestation. He gave thanks and Lazarus came back to life (John 11:41-45). He gave thanks and loaves of bread and fishes became more than enough for multitudes (John 6:1-14). They even had leftovers! Furthermore, Abraham kept giving glory to God till Isaac became a reality. He was fully persuaded that what God had promised, He was able to perform (Romans 4:20-21).

Thanksgivings upholds your faith till the end. It keeps the picture of your answered prayer ever before you, making it so real. It may not be so immediately, but as you continue to give God thanks the picture will become more real to you, to the point that no matter what happens you will be fully persuaded that God is more than able to do what He had said.

In conclusion, are you still praying the same prayer requests? Now, turn them to thanksgiving. Let God hear you thank Him in anticipation for manifestation of your answered prayers.

 



Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print