Find Your Own Calcutta
by Rik Charbonneaux

"But as God hath distributed to every man, as the Lord hath called every one, so let him walk." 1 Corinthians 7:17a KJV

While seeking to leave her earlier life behind and enter demanding service in India, a young woman tried to secure an appointment to meet and speak with the famed Mother Teresa of Calcutta. The answer she received was that she "would have to find her own Calcutta" to find her true place in service to others.*

Isn't that so true? Sometimes when we subordinate ourselves to others in authority who direct our volunteer efforts we end up performing tasks that leaves us questioning what had been truly accomplished. If you have had such experiences, why not give finding your own "Calcutta" a chance?

You could start by coming up with your own worthy endeavor and then commit yourself to the work to put everything in place to see it happen. Good people will follow a good leader, and if you are one, then gather the right people to your cause and then let them do what they do best within the perimeters of your effort.

You and all your volunteers will be gratified and honestly satisfied, each through their own efforts toward a project that produced a clear accomplishment. Further, you will have brought new ideas and thinking to the greater table of volunteer service.

A "Calcutta" awaits every believer, not very far from their own front door. Have you found yours?

*Our Daily Bread, "Find Your Own Calcutta", 3-10-1999



Rik Charbonneaux is a retired NE Iowan who loves all of God's Word and all of His creatures.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print