Voices For Christ
by Rik Charbonneaux

Voices For Christ

"He said, "I am the voice of one crying out in the wilderness,.." John 1:23a ESV

The voice of John the Baptist was sincere and clear. So clear in fact, that when his message and manner prompted a stirring of the people, the representatives of the Jewish leaders came to question his authenticity and authority by asking him; "Who are you? Are you Elijah?"

John responded with what was one of the strongest statements ever voiced by a man: "I am the voice of one crying out in the wilderness."

His "real-time and place message" of the coming of the Messiah was his life's purpose, becoming far more important than any other aspect about him. So strong was his message that the scribes accredited him with being the one spoken of in the book of Malachi.

Our voices for Christ resonate in a similar way as we go forth into the suburbs, salons and supermarkets of our everyday. Voices of opportunity and example.

Let others hear, read or see more of your voice and example for Christ.



Rik Charbonneaux is a retired NE Iowan who loves all of God's Word and all of His creatures.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print