Street Where You Live
by PamFord Davis

Music plays a major part in my memories. My close friend Pat had a collection of Vic Damone CD’s; ‘On the Street Where You Live’ was one of her favorite songs. Hearing it on the radio recently, Pat immediately came to mind. It has been six months since Pat’s unexpected death.

Though my sorrow has lessened, it still hurts. God blessed me through the Vic Damone classic. I thought of streets where she lived, where I spent hours and sometimes days visiting. I addressed letters to those street addresses repeatedly.

Together, we’ll walk streets of gold! 

“The foundations of the city wall were adorned with every kind of precious stone:

the first foundation jasper,
the second sapphire,
the third chalcedony,
the fourth emerald,
the fifth sardonyx,
the sixth carnelian,
the seventh chrysolite,
the eighth beryl,
the ninth topaz,
the tenth chrysoprase,
the eleventh jacinth,
the twelfth amethyst.

The 12 gates are 12 pearls; each individual gate was made of a single pearl. The broad streetof the city was pure gold, like transparent glass.

I did not see a sanctuary in it, because the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb are its sanctuary. The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, because God’s glory illuminates it, and its lamp is the Lamb. The nations will walk in its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their glory into it. Each day its gates will never close because it will never be night there. They will bring the glory and honor of the nations into it. Nothing profane will ever enter it: no one who does what is vile or false, but only those written in the Lamb’s book of life (Revelation 21:19-27 HCSB).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print