Mini-devotion for Friday, Jan. 18, 2019
by Greg Miller

Mini-devotion for Friday, Jan. 18, 2019, Psalm 99:1, KJV, “The Lord reigneth; let the people tremble: he sitteth between the cherubims; let the earth be moved.” According to Strong’s Concordance, the Lord, mentioned in verse 1 here, is the self-existent or Eternal God. He needs no outside strength or jurisdiction to grant Him such power and authority. He does not need permission from us to be Himself. He is Almighty God. He is in charge, in control; He reigns over everything. Everyone (that means you, and that means me) and everything is subject to His power and authority. According to Strong’s, the word tremble  means to quiver (with any violent emotion, especially anger or fear) be afraid, stand in awe, disquiet, fall out, fret, move, provoke, quake, rage, shake, tremble, trouble, be wroth. In today’s modern world, I believe most of us (including myself) at times, are far less reverent of the Lord and His power and presence in our lives than we should be. Who or what, in your mind is awesome today? A professional athlete? An actor or actress? A political leader? A pastor or another church leader? No one or no thing should be glorified in our minds as demanding our awe or worship. God and only God! A prayer for today, “Heavenly Father, I ask that you forgive our sins and our lack of respect of your power in our lives. Cleanse us from all evil and direct our steps this day to honor and glorify your holy name. Fulfill your will in each of our lives, In Jesus’ name, Amen!”



By Greg Miller  2018

 Greg is retired from the Elizabethton STAR Newspaper, after working there for almost 23 years. He now freelances for the paper. Contact email address is [email protected], also facebook.com/kidcool4jesus. Available for speaking engagements/other ministries. Jesus is Lord

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print