The Silver Tsunami
by Ken Barnes

Then the Lord told him, “I have certainly seen the oppression of my people in Egypt. I have heard their cries of distress because of their harsh slave drivers. Yes, I am aware of their suffering.  Now go, for I am sending you to Pharaoh. You must lead my people Israel out of Egypt.”  (Genesis 21:33 NLT)

Ten thousand people are turning sixty years old every day in our country.  It has referred to as the silver tsunami.  For Christians, what is God purpose in having this vast number of people come to this stage of their lives?  Maybe, God is ready to raise up a sleeping giant for world evangelization. 

In our Scripture above, Moses was eighty years old when God spoke to him to lead his people out of Egypt.  Yes, eighty years of age was a little different in those days than today, yet age has never been the limiting factor in our usefulness for God. 

Moses spent forty years in the best educational environment the world had to offer. Then, he labored the next forty years learning to be a servant.  God never wastes any of our experiences.  For some of you reading this blog, all your life experiences may have been to prepare you for what God wants you to do now.  If you are retired, you have a precious commodity, time.  If you have planned well, you have some financial resources, and you have experience.  You know how the world works and how to get a job done.  Don’t waste those resources.

You can spend the rest of your days having breakfast at McDonald, discussing the good old days.  God may have more for you.  Get on that wave of the silver tsunami and see what God does.



I worked for seventeen years as a missionary with Youth With A Mission.  My missionary work has taken me to Mexico, Canada, Chile, Argentina, Bolivia, Spain, and Ukraine.  I hold a Masters of Education in curriculum and instruction from Virginia Commonwealth University.  [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print