OUR GOD OF COMPASSION
by Lupie Riley


Freelance writer Lupie Riley


Thought: With the recent passing of my precious husband of 58 years I've experience the act of compassion. Through all the phone calls, letters, cards and hugs from those around me I found that compassion is an act of love, giving and caring for what others are going through. It is a hand of support and encouragement from those who will be there for you.


While God was in the flesh of Jesus all these traits were prevalent in his words, actions and touch. He reached out to all factions of humanity, men, women and children. I think of the ten lepers he healed, the lame, the blind, the woman caught in adultery, the feeding of thousands who were hungry, the healing of those who were demon possessed, the restoration of body limbs, and the list goes on and on during his 3 1/2 years of ministry. It was a ministry of compassion and love extended to those poor in spirit and body, the desperate and lonely, those caught up in sin.
His compassion is revealed in the giving of his mother over to the care of John and the deep emotion that is found in the shortest verse in the bible "Jesus wept." He wept over the rejection of the people to his extended hand of Salvation for all those who would come to Him. Is God weeping today for those who say no to Him and choose to remain in their sin? He continues to extend his hand and heart of forgiveness to all mankind no matter who you are having paid the price for ALL sin no matter what you've done. Can you hear the prompting of the Holy Spirit telling you to come out of the world and enter into His kingdom of light? We worship a God of love and compassion who has a huge heart that at times can be broken. "For God so loved the world (that's you and me) that he gave his only begotten son (Jesus) who took upon himself all the sins Satan could invent so that we could be free from the bondage of those sins, forgiven and on our way to Heaven.


Prayer: Father God, thank you for providing a way out of our sins and giving us the free gift of eternal life with you and our loved ones that have went on before us. I'm looking forward to that grand re-union in your kingdom of light. Amen
Verse: Eph. 2:4,5 "But God is so rich in mercy; he loves us so much that even though we were spiritually dead and doomed by our sins, he gave us back our lives again when he raised Christ from the dead--only by his undeserved favor have we ever been saved."



Married 58 years, four children, nine grandchildren and three greats.  I've been a freelance writer for over 40 years.  Working on a book at the present.  My priorities are God first, family, country. Look me up on Google search by my name Lupie Riley, click on first link. Faithwriters.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print