Chester and Jacob
by PamFord Davis

My husband and I are fans of old TV Westerns. Gunsmoke is still one of our favorites. Sure, Matt Dillon was the main character but who could forget Chester or Festus?

Both of Marshal Dillon’s deputies were funny; yet, serious when dealing with outlaws. I got a laugh out of a video clip of Dennis Weaver. Starring as Chester Goode, he made a big mistake.

Weaver reminded viewers about Chester’s bad leg. Once, during a scene he had inadvertently limped on the wrong leg!

A limp can be ordained.

Jacob was never the same… “And he arose that night and took his two wives, his two female servants, and his eleven sons, and crossed over the ford of Jabbok. He took them, sent them over the brook, and sent over what he had. Then Jacob was left alone; and a Man wrestled with him until the breaking of day. Now when He saw that He did not prevail against him, He touched the socket of his hip; and the socket of Jacob’s hip was out of joint as He wrestled with him (Genesis 32:22-25 NKJV).”

Jacob limped.

“Just as he crossed over Penuel the sun rose on him, and he limped on his hip. Therefore to this day the children of Israel do not eat the muscle that shrank, which is on the hip socket, because He touched the socket of Jacob’s hip in the muscle that shrank (Genesis 32:31-32 NKJV).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print