In All That I Set Out to Do
by PamFord Davis

In our scenario, a wife politely asks her husband to do chores around the house. Perhaps she asks him to do errands around town. Asking escalates into nagging. In an effort to restore peace, the lady of the house resorts to posting a honey-do list.

As lady of this house, I use a Pammy-do list. I begin each new morning at my computer. On the desk, I have a list of things that I need to do during that day. At the break of dawn, I’m easy on myself. Later, I begin to feel like I’m not accomplishing all that I should.

I get a nagging conscience. Needing to restore my tranquility, I make note of items I’ve checked off as done.

I must never forget that Jesus always did what mattered most. It was good.

“Opening his mouth, Peter said:

‘I most certainly understand now that God is not one to show partiality, but in every nation the man who fears Him and does what is right is welcome to Him. The word which He sent to the sons of Israel, preaching peace through Jesus Christ (He is Lord of all)— you yourselves know the thing which took place throughout all Judea, starting from Galilee, after the baptism which John proclaimed. You know of Jesus of Nazareth, how God anointed Him with the Holy Spirit and with power, and how He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him (Acts 10:34-38 NASB).”

‘Holy Spirit, I need your power in all that I set out to do.’



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print