Solar is a Clue
by PamFord Davis

To some, they’re liver spots; I call them old age spots. The official term is solar lentigo. Do you know what causes old-age spots? Solar is a clue; though age related, the spots are caused by exposure to the sun. Over the years, I’ve been zapped by ultraviolet radiation. Learning that exposure to the sun played a large part validated my hunch.

I thought that might be the case; the brown spots are more in number on my right hand and arm. Sitting most often in the passenger seat in the car; the sun shining through the window directly hits the right side of my body. Yup, I have old age spots.

I guess that makes me old. Like many my age I frequent old age spots. I deal with common ailments and go to the doctor’s office frequently. Sometimes that leads to another popular old age spot, a trip to a drug store to get prescriptions filled. There are more pleasant old age spots; many take advantage of senior discounts at their favorite restaurants.

Old age does not negate faithful church attendance. Go regularly and sit in your favorite spot. You will receive the benefits of public worship, Bible teaching and fellowship with like minded believers. The cross marks the spot! The cross is the spot where we receive forgiveness and a new life begins.

“Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful; and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near (Hebrews 10:23-25 NASB).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print