In the Presence of My Enemies
by Bobbi Richardson

Psalm 23:5-You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows

****
I used to puzzle over this verse. It didn't seem to fit in the middle of a beautiful picture of God's care and constant presence.

In the midst of calm, cool water and green sun-drenched pastures, a table set for a meal surrounded by my enemies?

But then I realized that although I am not hiding out in a cave or running for my life as David was at times, I do let my enemies surround me. I get discouraged and overwhelmed by circumstances and situations in my life.

It's then that God reminds me that He is with me. He urges me to step aside and spend time alone with Him. Then He reminds me that I am His, He is the One who supplies all my needs; physical and emotional as well as spiritual. He is my Redeemer, my Protector, my Comfort, everything I need.

My enemy is not always a person, but no matter who or what God is with me in the center of my turmoil.

In the midst of my enemies my cup truly does overflow and I am comforted by God's Spirit.

Now I know what David meant when he wrote, "You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies...".

*****

I write because I want to share what Father God has taught me and because I want others to experience His love more and more. My prayer is that my words will inspire someone to seek Him, to find Him, to know Him, to love Him.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print