The Heart of Listening
by PamFord Davis

Norm & I talked on the phone all night. He was a WNDR, Syracuse disc jockey and ran his show from midnight-6am. I listened to his program all nighters on my transistor radio. Between records, I listened to his southern drawl over the telephone. We were young, in love… and conversation came easily.

Conversing with God should be as natural as breathing. He has my heart.

Prayer is a two-way conversation. The LORD has so much to reveal to me; He challenges me, convicts me of sins and comforts me when I’m hurting. He loves me. Am I a good listener? I confess; I have much to learn about listening. Samuel serves as a good example.

“Now Samuel did not yet know the Lord, nor had the word of the Lord yet been revealed to him. So the Lord called Samuel again for the third time. And he arose and went to Eli and said, ‘Here I am, for you called me.’ Then Eli discerned that the Lord was calling the boy. And Eli said to Samuel, ‘Go lie down, and it shall be if He calls you, that you shall say, ‘Speak, Lord, for Your servant is listening.’” So Samuel went and lay down in his place.

Then the Lord came and stood and called as at other times, ‘Samuel! Samuel!’ And Samuel said, ‘Speak, for Your servant is listening (1 Samuel 3:7-10 NASB).”   

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print