Prayer Request For Freedom
by Rik Charbonneaux

"Freedom is the open window through which pours the sunlight of the human spirit and human dignity." .. Herbert Hoover

Some have described prayer as being like the sail of a boat plying the troubled waters of an insensate world and others say it is the steering rudder.  No matter how you care to image prayer, it works, its effects are real, and the need is great.

One area of the human experience where prayers are urgently requested is for the plight of the 60,000,000 people* (double the estimates of 2013) in the world who are slaves under either the sex trades (25%) or the more lucrative (est. $150 Billion) institutions of forced marriage/forced labor and debt slave labor.  There is little hope for any of these people, especially in countries like India where up to one percent of the population are slaves.**

As an example, under the life-long yoke of debt slavery in India, there is little likelihood that these slaves will ever pay off their parent's debts, or generational family debts, that they inherited at birth. (25% of these slaves currently are children )

Because these debt slavers are sold to others for an average of $90.00 each*, medical care for these people is almost non-existent and until the Caste system of India changes, they will continue to be expendable, destined to die as slaves, likely sooner than later.

There are more slaves in this world than ever before, which speaks for the lack of human rights enforcement by the United Nations and that we need to pray in greater numbers that all people everywhere be free.

They may not have a choice, but they could have your prayers.  If you are of a mind to remember these people in your prayers, please pray that choices and circumstances will occur to end the illegal practise of modern day slavery.

*freetheslaves.net, Our Model For Freedom, 2019

** Washington Post, 11/17/2013 - Global Slavery Report, Map And Demographics

- Slavery statistics come from the U.N. International Labor Organization

Note - Many of products like metals, vegetables, cocoa, seafood, gems and sugar are associated with either slave or exploited labor.



Rik Charbonneaux is a retired NE Iowan who loves all of God's Word and all of His creatures.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print