Dead End Road
by PamFord Davis

Thoughts to ponder…

Some of our families and friends live on dead end roads.

“Join in imitating me, brothers, and observe those who live according to the example you have in us. For I have often told you, and now say again with tears, that many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. Their end is destruction; their god is their stomach; their glory is in their shame. They are focused on earthly things (Philippians 3:17-19 HCSB).”

Focused on the temporary, their end is destruction.

God is leading many out of their dead end existence; this earth is not our home.

“… but our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ. He will transform the body of our humble condition into the likeness of His glorious body, by the power that enables Him to subject everything to Himself (Philippians 3:20-21 HCSB).”

It’s all about Him. He is the Way into one-way traffic. Stay in the lane on the one-way street towards heaven.

“Your heart must not be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many dwelling places; if not, I would have told you. I am going away to prepare a place for you. If I go away and prepare a place for you, I will come back and receive you to Myself, so that where I am you may be also. You know the way to where I am going.’

Lord,’ Thomas said, ‘we don’t know where You’re going. How can we know the way?’

Jesus told him, ‘I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me (John 14:1-6 HCSB).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print