YOU LIGHT UP MY LIFE
by Lupie Riley

 

Freelance writer Lupie Riley


Thought: If your 45 years or older most of you will remember in 1977 when Debbie Boone sang a hit song called "You light up my life." The composer of that song was Joseph Brooks. I was a new Christian at that time and I equated Jesus to the words in the chorus "and you light up my life, you give me hope to carry on, you light up my days and fill my nights with song." With the recent loss of my better half and a good marriage of 58 years those words come back to me as a comfort in those dark days of grief. Jesus gives me hope to carry on and lights up my days and fills my nights with song. In 2017 producers Kevin Sorbo and writer Dan Gordon made a movie with the same title. I've yet to look it up.
Light is used to symbolize God, faith and holiness throughout scripture. Who do we know that fits these attributes? Jesus the Savior of all mankind. God in the flesh taking upon himself the sin of the world and paying the price that you and I deserved. Jesus identified himself as the great " I AM, the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life."
Stop and think what would happen to all life on earth if the Sun ceased it's warmth and light? All life would come to an end. It would become a dead planet. There is a parrallel between the Son of God, the light of life to those who believe then those who deny the existence of this spiritual light from the One who created them and are spiritually dead. Let's make sure we walk in His light and allow Him to shine out into a world for those who need to know Jesus as their light and life so they to can walk on that narrow path that leads to eternal life.
Prayer: Father God, you are the light of the world. Like the Sun you give out warmth and life to all who believe in who you are and what you've done for them. Amen
Verse: Math. 5:16 "You are the worlds light--a city on a hill glowing in the night for all to see. Don't hide your light ! Let it shine for all; let your good deeds glow for all to see, so that they will praise your heavenly Father



Married 58 years, four children, nine grandchildren and three greats.  I've been a freelance writer for over 40 years.  Working on a book at the present.  My priorities are God first, family, country. Look me up on Google search by my name Lupie Riley, click on first link. Faithwriters.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print