Considering The Faith Walk Of Abraham-The Secret Of His Success In Life
by Ngozi Nwoke

Do you desire to have the kind of faith that Abraham had? Every believing Christian desires to walk in faith the way Abraham did so as to enjoy the help and interventions of God. However, many Christians are still struggling with how to walk by faith. This post aims at showing how Abraham walked by faith and got his answers.

(as it is written, "I have made you a father of many nations") in the presence of Him whom he believed-God, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did; who, contrary to hope, in hope believed, so that he became the father of many nations, according to what was spoken, "So shall your descendants be." And not being weak in faith, he did not consider his own body, already dead (since he was about a hundred years old), and the deadness of Sarah's womb. He did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God, and being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform - Romans 4:17-21 (NKJV).

Who Is Abraham?

Abraham was a man like you and me, born of a man and a woman. However, he was singled out from other people because he chose to believe in God who made him and to totally obey His instructions, whether it made sense to him or not. He chose to put God and His words above every other thing, including his promised son Isaac. His walk with God was the kind of relationship the Lord wants to have with every human being; Abraham was called a friend of God (James 2:23). They had a close relationship such that God couldn't destroy Sodom and Gomorrah without telling Abraham. Abraham freely interceded for these nations, and God was ready to spare them should He find ten righteous men in the nations just as Abraham advocated for them (Genesis 19:17-32). Christians call him "the father of faith" because of his level of faith in Almighty God

His Major Challenge in Life

Abraham had his own share of challenges in life as a believer living on earth. One major one was his wife's inability to conceive and bear children. He was already married to Sarah, his wife, by the time his recorded walk with God began; therefore, he was a believer in God who had a wife who couldn't give birth to children. After many years God made Abraham a celebrated wealthy man; however, he still didn't have a child. One day, God visited him and promised him that he would have a son! However, it took 25 years more before this became a reality. In the 25 years of waiting, Abraham believed throughout that the Lord will do exactly what He had promised. Surely, according to his faith, Isaac was born to him by Sarah at an age that is considered by nature impossible to bear children.

THE FAITH WALK OF ABRAHAM

The main secret of Abraham's success in life was his dogged faith in God and His words. Romans 4:17-21 explain how he walked in faith to receive Isaac, his son.

1. He had God's word concerning his Fatherhood

The Lord told him he was going to be a father of many nations when he had no child, and he held unto this word till Isaac came. What word of God do you have concerning that situation that needs a change? If you don't have, search through the scriptures and get one. The scriptures are God's words to us.

2. He was hopeful

Abraham against all odds, had hope in God's word. It was a hopeless situation but the word of God gave him hope. You need to have hope in the word of God if you want God to intervene in your situation. People may mock you, but don't be bothered, the word of the Lord is superior to their words. For whoever is joined to the living, there is hope (Ecclesiastes 9:4). God Almighty is the living one, so anyone who joins Him has hope.

3. He had faith in hope

Abraham believed in what he put his hope on. In other words, he had faith in the word of God. He believed that he would become father of many nations just as God said. He was strong in faith. You just must believe in the word of the Lord concerning that issue before you can see any change. Without faith, it is impossible to please God and get His attention (Hebrews 11:6).

4. He didn't consider the facts around him

Abraham didn't consider the glaring facts concerning his or his wife's ability to bear children. According to nature, their fruitful organs were dead, a hopeless situation. When you put your thoughts on the negative reports concerning that issue in your life, your faith will be deflated, making it not to work. Peter was working in faith while he walked on water, but immediately he thought of the raging storm around him, his faith was punctured and he started sinking (Matthew 14:28-31).

5. He gave glory to God

Abraham, expressing his faith in God, gave glory to God, in spite of the fact that the promise was yet to be manifested physically. Mark 11:24 says that when you pray you should believe you've received your desire and you shall have it. Abraham believed it was a done deal and so gave glory to God. If you believe, you will give the Lord thanks knowing that you will soon have your desired answered prayer.

6. Be fully convinced that God is able to perform His word

Abraham was fully convinced that the Lord was able to make him a father of many nations just as He promised. He believed that God, who could quicken the dead and call those things which are not as though they were, is more than able to quicken his and Sarah's bodies so they could become father and mother of nations. God did as he believed and Sarah gave birth to Isaac, the promised son.

Abraham obviously wasn't bothered by the years passing because he didn't stagger at the promise of God, he held unto God's word till it was fulfilled in his life. All through the years, his hope was alive, his faith was strong and he kept giving God the glory being fully convinced that God would do as He had promised. God is not man that He should lie; has He spoken it He will make it good, and has He said it He will do it (Numbers 23:19). Therefore, be fully persuaded that God is able to perform what He said concerning that challenge in your life and start giving Him glory for it till it's manifested in your life.



Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print