Cultivating grace while aging
by DEBORAH OSINIBI

Grace is one of the virtues lacking amongst the women folk in the church, and as an elderly woman, God’s intention for you is to cultivate grace. Grace does not come by chance, but by deliberate cultivating

Titus 2: 1, 3-5 says  “but speak thou the things which become sound doctrine: 3-5The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things.”

The above scriptures show what type of grace the older women need to cultivate.

  1. They need to cultivate “sound doctrine”.

Unsound doctrines seem to have penetrated many of our churches, many women in the church are growing wayward with unhealthy messages, we seem to have industrialised the church, the church is more of a place of motivational speaking, a place where we seek prosperity, beautification, etc. This is one of the main reasons why older women must cultivate in themselves sound doctrine. Many of our younger wives are abandoning their wifely roles because they lack the input of older women who can turn their hearts to sound doctrine. It encourages me when I come across elderly women begin to who share with me the various moves of God in the days of their youth and how they have walked with God for decades. Such women are women of the Word of God even in their old age, such women are usually women of intercession.

Sound doctrine and wholesome teaching is lacking amongst the female folks in most of our churches, and it looks to me that God is challenging older women to cultivate sound doctrine and to pass the same to other younger women in the church. This is one grace that you need to cultivate as an elderly woman.

 

  1. Another grace to cultivate is “holy behaviour”.

Behaviour is the way in which you act or conduct yourself, especially towards others. This is an integral aspect of older women in the church of today. Your behaviour ought to reflect that of holiness. As you know, some young women in our churches are not behaving holy, sometimes you look around our congregations and you see many young women dressing immodestly and being arrogant to their husbands. Could God make you the standard of holy behaviour to the younger women as they behold your manner of dressing, your attitude to your husband, and your faithfulness to the Lord in the service of His Kingdom just as Anna the daughter of Phanuel was?  As you age, age with holy behaviour, this is a need amongst women in the body of Christ.



I am a mother of two wonderful daughters and I'm married to a lovely husband. I love writing for children, teenagers, women, family etc. There are books that I wrote for children and women. I've written magazines for children and parents as well. My articles are free to use.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print