A Knock at the Door
by PamFord Davis

I don’t buy lottery tickets; nor do I place my hopes in the Publishers Clearing House sweepstakes. Many people do.

Those who purchase tickets say, ‘If I win the lottery’…

The convinced might boast;‘When I win the lottery’…

Many States have turned to lotteries as a means of balancing ballooning budgets. As a girl, I often viewed a TV program called ‘The Millionaire.’ The series debuted in 1955 on the CBS television network. People’s lives were changed after they answered a knock at their doors.

An unseen benefactor sent his personal secretary to their homes. The dutiful messenger was on a mission of mercy; delivering hand written checks for a cool million. Needs were met. First, the recipients needed to open their doors…

“Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me (Revelation 3:20 NASB).”

Christ Jesus offers the greatest gift of all. It surpasses the value of lottery Powerball winnings, Publisher’s Clearing House lifetime prizes or a millionaire’s megabucks. Jesus gives us His fellowship, His presence and protection.

Do you hear His voice?

Listen…

“My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me;  and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand (John 10:27-28 NASB).”

 

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print