He Would Wait
by PamFord Davis

The separation of loved ones brings sadness; yet, reunions are times of warm embraces and celebration.

It’s easy to become emotional when viewing reunion video clips. We rejoice with reunited siblings, parents and their children. In some instances, family members were separated for decades.

There are heart breaking stories of courts placing children in foster care or orphanages. It led to the loss of contact with their birth families. A careful search of legal documents revealed pertinent information. Families that were separated by time and space were reunited. King David dealt with separation…

He paid a high price for his adultery with Bathsheba. Illness hovered over their son while David fasted and prayed for healing. Seeing his great anguish, servants feared the worst.  (2 Samuel 12:13-17)

King David sensed the truth; his son had died. To the surprise of others, David did not give in to his grief. (2 Samuel 12:18-21)

Though sorrowful, David did not retreat into to the past; instead, he saw the future through eyes of faith. He would wait …

“And he said, ‘While the child was alive, I fasted and wept; for I said, ‘Who can tell whether the Lord will be gracious to me, that the child may live?’ But now he is dead; why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me (2 Samuel 12:22-23 NKJV).”

Someday we'll be together!



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print