Father and Child Relationships
by PamFord Davis

Without a doubt, children suffer when raised without a father in the home. The Bible speaks to the importance of the father-child relationship. Are we listening?

“Behold, I am going to send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and terrible day of the Lord. He will restore the hearts of the fathers to their children and the hearts of the children to their fathers, so that I will not come and smite the land with a curse (Malachi 4:5-6 NASB).”

Elijah was to restore hearts? Are fatherless homes a curse upon our generation?

John the Baptist came in the spirit and power of the Prophet Elijah.

“And he will turn many of the sons of Israel back to the Lord their God.  It is he who will go as a forerunner before Him in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the fathers back to the children, and the disobedient to the attitude of the righteous, so as to make ready a people prepared for the Lord (Luke 1:16-17 NASB).”

God can change the hardened hearts of fathers.

“Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh (Ezekiel 36:26 NASB).”

Countless fathers have neglected their responsibility; they have abandoned their children. Yet, restoration is possible.

With God, nothing is impossible.



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print