DIVINE WISH IN STANDING FOR OTHERS
by ONOME OGBAJIBREDE

Scriptural Reading: I Timothy 2:1-4

‘‘O that one might plead for a man with God, as a man pleadeth for his neighbour!’’ Job 16:21 (KJV)

When Peter was kept in prison in the book of Acts 12:1-8, the church stood in the gap and did not cease praying for him. God answered them and He went into action by sending His angel to deliver Peter from the prison because of the sacrifice the church made on his behalf. Assuming the church did not stand in the gap for Peter, he would have been killed by Herod. No wonder God said in the book of Ezekiel 22:30 (KJV) And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.

Our scriptural reading where we took our text from in the book of I Timothy 2:1-4 admonishes us to pray for all humankind by interceding for them, giving of thanks and appeal, for those in high positions such as our presidents, governors, policymakers, and other relevant stakeholders so that we all can live in peace. If our leaders make mistakes in ruling us we will not be at peace and let us continue to pray for them on a daily basis. This will help us to eliminate a considerable degree of chaos.

God is passionate about the welfare of all humankind and He wants us to always stand in the gap for those who cannot pray, for others who are in jeopardy and for our God-given nations. When we stand in the gap for others, God stands in the gap for us.

Do we want to be friends of God? Then let us continuously stand in the gap for others and see what God will do in the lives of those who are in distress. Here is an anchor scripture to hold onto today to save a soul. Psalm 106:23 (KJV) Therefore he said that he would destroy them, had not Moses his chosen stood before him in the breach, to turn away his wrath, lest he should destroy them. As we stand for others, God will richly bless us.

 

Dear Lord Jesus Christ, grant me the grace never to be weary, but your divine strength to continue to stand in the gap for others; help me to do away with self. Amen

 

Standing in the gap for others is a shield that averts unexpected disaster and unforeseen loses.                                                                                                                   

                                                                                                                              –The Writer-                



OGBAJIBREDE Onome is an Evangelist and a Devotional Writer who inspires and encourages people to come closer to God. His Devotional has featured on Exploits Christian Magazine. He holds a Bachelor's Degree in Peace Studies & Conflict Resolution and can be contacted via [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print