CRYING FOR DIVINE ATTENTION
by ONOME OGBAJIBREDE

Scriptural Reading: Exodus 3:7-9

‘‘Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion: for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee.’’ Isaiah 12:6 (KJV)

Crying is either an indication or sign of helplessness and defeat or a call for attention. The Psalmist understood this and look at what he said in the book of Psalm 56:9 (KJV) ‘‘When I cry unto thee, then shall mine enemies turn back: this I know; for God is for me.’’ Crying moves the Almighty creator to act on our behalf.

From our scriptural reading in Exodus 3:7-9, the children of Israel served in hard bondage in Egypt where they were used for all manner of labour by their slave riders who multiplied their sorrows through sufferings and trials. They did not find this situation funny. They had to cry to God for help in their distresses and God answered them and granted them deliverance from the hands of their oppressors.

God is an ultimate warrior who has the best strategy to conquer any form of dictatorship and oppression against us. We are the apple of His eyes and He hates to see our tears. Whenever we cry to Him in prayers and praises, He will find out what the problem is and He will take a decisive measure.

Have we been harassed by a stronger force that is powerful than we and we cannot fight back? Let us mention their names and cry to God for Him to arrest the arrester and waste the waster. When life is at low ebb, here is an anchor scripture we can look up to for comfort. Psalm 22:5 (KJV) ‘‘They cried unto thee, and were delivered: they trusted in thee, and were not confounded.’’ Let us always bring our request before God by crying to Him in prayers and He will wipe our tears away. God is our battle axe (Jeremiah 51:20)

 

Dear Lord Jesus Christ, I cry to you today for justice, arise and fight for me, and come and be my shield and buckler. Amen

 

                 Crying to God in prayers is a solution provider to all our ills.

                                                                                                                               -The Writer-

 



OGBAJIBREDE Onome is an Evangelist and a Devotional Writer who inspires and encourages people to come closer to God. His Devotional has featured on Exploits Christian Magazine. He holds a Bachelor's Degree in Peace Studies & Conflict Resolution and can be contacted via [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print