DIVINE DECREE
by ONOME OGBAJIBREDE

Scriptural Reading: Joshua 21:44-45

‘‘Thou shalt also decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon thy ways.’’  Job 22:28 (KJV)

Words are powerful tools of creation and destruction of events. Bad words trigger provocation and give a seal of approval to curses and bad omen, while good and positive words are used for building and reorganizing failing situations.

 Our scriptural reading in the book of Joshua 21:44-45 where we took our text from reveals how powerful the words of God are and how it gave rest to His people and none of His words failed that He spoke to the house of Israel, all came to pass. Jesus is the word of God (Revelation 19:13b), so when we give a divine pronouncement, Jesus is activated and He goes into action.

God is the principal actor of all decrees and an organizer of all events through His spoken word. He wants us not to be afraid any longer, but to use His word to create positive things by speaking to negative situations and causing them to give way. When we meditate again on our Bible verse above in the book of Job 22:28 regularly, then we will learn to start giving divine pronouncement to issues of life and they will obey us.

Do we know that the word of God has been likened to as a fire and as a hammer?  Then let us use it continually to hammer stubborn situations and the head of every evil Goliath. This is our applicable scripture on a daily basis.  Is not my word like as a fire? saith the Lord; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?’ Jeremiah 23:29 (KJV). The word of God in our mouth is a silver bullet that carries divine weight.

 

Dear Lord Jesus Christ, give me courage and boldness to make divine pronouncement without fear and let my words be honoured by you and make them yield positive results. Amen.

 

                       Divine courage is the handbag of declarations

                                                                                                                               -The Writer-              

 

 



OGBAJIBREDE Onome is an Evangelist and a Devotional Writer who inspires and encourages people to come closer to God. His Devotional has featured on Exploits Christian Magazine. He holds a Bachelor's Degree in Peace Studies & Conflict Resolution and can be contacted via [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print