China Says No To Any 'Western' Christianity
by Rik Charbonneaux

"One more Christian, one less Chinese" .. Xu Xiaohong, head of the National Committee of the Three-Self Patriotic Movement of the Protestant Churches in China - 3/11/2019

That remark speaks volumes for the anti-American feelings in China because of past work by U.S. Evangelicals and its effects upon many Chinese Christians. China wants to end and erase it all.

From 2015 until today, there has been a transitioning from State tolerance for limited Christianity, on to the brutal destruction of over 100 unauthorized Christian churches, Muslim Mosques and Buddhist Temples last year. During that same period, as China continued to expand its robust global trade, the appearance of "tolerating" Christianity grew less and less politically important in maintaining and expanding trade. Tolerance going forward is not a part of the national conversation.

As the Peoples Republic of China only authorizes Christian worship at its 57,000 Three Self Church locations, it seems to double down more each year and has made considerable headway over this past year in its effort to close all unauthorized "underground" churches.

As comments like "The actions by anti-China forces that attempt to affect our social stability... are doomed to fail,"* and "Christianity in China must rid itself of all imprints of a "foreign" religion"* are being expressed more and more from leaders of the Three-Self Churches, closings will become exponentially more frequent. It is vital for the government to remain in absolute control of any religious circumstances to regulate what people believe, including their re-writing of the New Testament to reflect Chinese ethics of Confucianism and the Party values of socialism.

The 5-year plan of the "sinicization campaign" (remove western influence and instill Chinese values in their place) has been going to plan since established by President President Xi Jinping in 2015 and the 220 million Christians in China will soon have their own Chinese version of Christianity, without Jesus as their Savior.

*South China Morning Post and **the Xinhua News Agency

Note:

Sam Brownback, top religious freedom official of the Trump Administration warned in a speech given in Hong Kong on March 8th: ".. the Chinese government is trying to make sure religious minority groups "are brutally and forcefully controlled... Somehow, men and women of faith are viewed as a threat to the Chinese Communist Party.."**

** "China vows to rid Christianity of 'western' influence.." by Leah MarieAnn Klett, CP World -3/13/2019

 



Rik Charbonneaux is a retired NE Iowan who loves all of God's Word and all of His creatures.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print