We Can't Go Back
by PamFord Davis

Those were the days…

Yup; I remember the good ole`days!

Am I looking at the past through rose colored glasses?

How good were the good ole` days?

We’ve gotten accustomed to the benefits of modern day conveniences. In retrospect, most would decide against a return to the good ole` days.

Yet; there was a heap of good in days gone by.

We have memories of family and friends; a slower pace and less stress. It’s easy to forget that our ancestors also yearned for the good ole` days.

In years to come, milennials will think of this era as the good ole`days.

What about the people who lived in the days of the Bible?

“Do not say, ‘Why is it that the former days were better than these?’
For it is not from wisdom that you ask about this (Ecclesiastes 7:10 NASB).”

Former days… Want to return to the good ole` days?

We can’t go back.

We can recall treasured times and learn from past mistakes. With God’s light we can see the good in each day.

“This is the day which the Lord has made;
Let us rejoice and be glad in it (Psalm 118:24 NASB).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print