DIVINE HATRED FOR LATENESS TO CHURCH
by ONOME OGBAJIBREDE

‘‘And it was about the space of three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in.’’ Acts 5:7 (KJV).

Ananias and Sapphira were husband and wife and members of the early church who were engaged in fraudulent antecedent concerning the property that they sold. They wanted to play a fast one on the church, but their deal did not scale through. They lied about the amount they sold the property and they got a backlash from the Holy Ghost (The Power of God in Action), which resulted in instant death. ‘Lies hurt and hunt’.

Our Bible passage where we took our text from above in Acts 5:7(KJV), revealed the impact of lateness to church. After Sapphira’s husband died (Ananias) in the house of God, it took Sapphira three hours later to be in church. That means she was late and did not know what lies did to her husband. Read Acts 5:1-6. If they had been together in church, one of them would have been a survivor and that would have prompted a confession. Lateness and lies hastened her death and there was no opportunity for repentance. What an unfortunate lot.

The Great God is a God that keeps to time in whatever he does and He is serious and business-minded in all His dealings and would always want us to be punctual to His house to enable us to pay attention to every detail of His word. He hates lateness to church. He is time conscious and always assigns angels to always be on guard before our time of meeting at the church. A minute after the time approved by the church is already regarded as lateness to church. Lateness to church makes God angry with us, but happy with us whenever we are punctual. Do you find it difficult to meet up with the approved fellowship time in your local church? Then you have to prepare everything you will use on Sunday by Saturday (your clothes, shoe, offering, writing material, your Bible etc) and sleep early on Saturdays and do not go to a church too far from you. Also, you can also hand this weakness to our Lord Jesus Christ and He will surely help you. The king’s business required haste (I Samuel 21:8).

 

Dear Lord Jesus Christ, deliver me from the spirit of lateness to church and baptize me with the spirit of punctuality. Amen.

 

                 Lateness to church is a denial of access to the gates of Heaven

                                                                                                                     -The Writer-

 

 

 



OGBAJIBREDE Onome is an Evangelist and a Devotional Writer who inspires and encourages people to come closer to God. His Devotional has featured on Exploits Christian Magazine. He holds a Bachelor's Degree in Peace Studies & Conflict Resolution and can be contacted via [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print