PLEASING THE DIVINE
by ONOME OGBAJIBREDE

‘‘And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.’’ I John 3:22 (KJV)

Pleasing God is one of the heartbeats of God. It is like electricity that supplies current and a blank cheque that is open to any financial figure. One who pleases God is a friend of God whose name is in the good book of God. A life that pleases God is the same as working in the same direction as God by obeying His commandments.

Our Bible passage where we took our text from in I John 3: 22 (KJV), anything we pray for, God will answer us if we keep His commandments which are His instructions. These commandments, however, are codified in Exodus 20: 1-17. If we are able to observe all these, we will live a life that is pleasing to Him and bear His marks and He would be proud of us.

The Almighty God is a God of holiness and righteousness and wants us to succeed by being obedient to His commandments. This is the only antidote that will help us to live godly in this ungodly world. Pleasing Him makes us far from oppression from the wicked and attracts favour and divine security from God.

Do we want to live a life that is pleasing unto God and we don’t know how to go about this? Then let us accept Jesus as our Lord and personal Saviour, and then He will assign the Holy Spirit to us who will help us live a life that will be pleasing unto God always. Check this out Proverbs 16:7.

 

Dear Lord Jesus Christ, I accept you today into my life as my Lord and personal Saviour, grant me your Holy Spirit Divine to enable me to live a life that will be pleasing unto God and forgive me in all the areas I have not pleased you. Amen.

 

              Pleasing God is a gateway to dominion and victory without a fight

                                                                                                                            -The Writer-



OGBAJIBREDE Onome is an Evangelist and a Devotional Writer who inspires and encourages people to come closer to God. His Devotional has featured on Exploits Christian Magazine. He holds a Bachelor's Degree in Peace Studies & Conflict Resolution and can be contacted via [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print