THE BELIEVER'S DIVINE WELFARE
by ONOME OGBAJIBREDE

Scriptural Reading: Acts 2:44-47

 ‘‘He that giveth unto the poor shall not lack: but he that hideth his eyes shall have many a curse.’’  Proverbs 28:27 (KJV)

Jesus delivered His riches to us and took over all our poverties (II Corinthians 8:9). This act was a spiritual demonstration of His welfare towards us. He fed multitudes (Matthew 14:13-21), He offered Himself as a sacrificial lamb for our redemption and through the shedding of His blood; we have peace and access to God. The backbone of welfare is in ‘giving.’

Our scriptural reading where we took our text from in the book of Acts 2:44-47, the believers in the early church had everything in common and they offered their personal effects to be sold so that they could generate sufficient funds to take care of others who were not having. The strong offered their shoulders to the weak to lean on. With this, whatever food they had was eaten together by them. This became a driving force that facilitated their relationships with God. This act enhanced their praises, favour, unity, and multiplication of souls to the church on a daily basis. The early church’s growth was rooted in their welfare where everyone was happy as a result of the true love that existed between them.

God Almighty is a welfare officer that knows how to distribute several packages to His children and He does that on a daily basis, giving life, health and healing and other essentials. God wants us to learn from Him and to behave like Him by giving regularly to others. It does not necessarily mean food and money only. We can also give our time, counsel and words of hope to the hopeless etc.

Dearly beloved, how can we become active participants in this divine welfare to others? Let us see how it goes in the book of Acts 20:35 (KJV)  I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive. This is our anchor scripture to always hold on to on a daily basis and to apply it in our dealings. Let us not forget our parents, neighbours, family, friends and the church of God etc in our giving. God blesses anyone that gives to others willingly.

 

Dear Lord Jesus Christ, help me to become a cheerful giver and take away from me every spirit of stinginess. Through your, Holy Spirit Divine do not allow me to withhold that which you have provided for me and make me a channel of blessing to others. Amen.

 

                            The power in giving is the power for lifting

                                                                                                                     -The Writer-



OGBAJIBREDE Onome is an Evangelist and a Devotional Writer who inspires and encourages people to come closer to God. His Devotional has featured on Exploits Christian Magazine. He holds a Bachelor's Degree in Peace Studies & Conflict Resolution and can be contacted via [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print