The Working Of Miracles - The New Testament
by Don Pedal

There are people in this world who think that miracles only happened in the Old Testament and do not have any practical application to the problems of today. Others think it could also mean new miracles will be done in addition to, and greater than, those recorded in the Bible. One thing is sure, if Jesus meant believers would do new miracles they would be according to the pattern already set by the Lord and would be according to scripture.                                                           God takes real chances when He shares His supernatural works with His people. He would, no doubt, work more miracles among His people but He knows, unless we are spiritually prepared, it may be harmful to us.                                                                                                                    There are plenty of weird events taking place these days as men and women experiment with the occult. They are inviting the powers of Satan, and we Christians must not be deceived by them. Scripture tells us that the followers of the enemy will do, "great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they will deceive the very elect". (Matt. 24:24, Mark 13:32).                    We heard the story of an evangelist who had been mightily used of God, until, one evening he was lifted several feet off the ground, in full view of the congregation. The experience was very impressive. After that, all he could talk about was, how some day; Christians would be carried place to place, in the spirit, to proclaim the Gospel. It became the evangelist's one theme.The results were a serious hindrance to preaching the Gospel, and a good ministry was rendered useless. It is worthwhile to stop and analyze this particular example. What was the purpose of this miracle? We might say it was to prove to the onlookers that what the evangelist was saying was true. That will not quite do! Satan can also lift people off the ground in the phenomenon called levitation . Some, who dabble in the occult today, are experimenting with this very thing. Table tipping, a familiar party game, is a form of levitation. The fact that someone is lifted off the ground in no way proves him to be of God. We are warned that, for every gift of God, there will be a demonic counterfeit. A mushroom and a toadstool look almost the alike, but one is a delicious food and the other a deadly poison. Only scripture can teach us to detect spiritual toadstools. What then was the purpose of this miracle? It was simply to rejoice the heart of the people who were listening, by showing them again how real God is. It was God expressing His love to the speaker and congregation in an extraordinary way. The evangelist made the mistake of getting ahead of God and scripture in expressing what God was doing.                                     Right after the baptism of the Holy Spirit, people experience a greater release of the miraculous in their lives, then, often comes the slackening of these experiences, because the old ways of thinking and living creep back in. God has things to teach us before He can trust us more fully in this area. Pride and other sins may creep in causing us to exalt ourselves and fall. (1 Tim. 2:6). The wise Christian, however, having tasted the wondrous works of the Lord, is encouraged to yield to God's lessons so he can go on and not regress into the way things were before. It is the Father's will for us to learn and grow.                                                                                             There are those in the busy world around us who feel that miracles were strictly Old Testament and not relevant to the modern world of today. They say they do not see anything unusual or miraculous in their lives or the lives of their friends. I would remind them that many of God's wonderful blessings are very subtle. There is an order to our lives we tend to take for granted. The sun rises and sets, the seasons change and so do we, as we get older. Time was given to us that we might know when to work and when to sleep .Most of we do not realize that time, as we know it, does not exist in God's universe. Our body is blessed with the ability to heal itself especially if we help it by leading a decent life. This is only a small example of God's blessings in our lives. We should praise Him every day for His divine love, mercy, and patience with us. Many of you act with indifference as you scurry about in this secular world. You think that you have plenty of time to consider this all later. You may not have the time you think you have. There are no guarantees in life. Only God knows how much time you have and you must remember that His patience is limited.                                                                                              You are now faced with the most important decision you will ever make. Will I ask the Lord to be Lord of my life and be willing to take up my cross and follow Him daily, as He leads and guides me? You have three choices --- yes, no, I will think about it. To think about it is like saying no because soon, other concerns crowd into our busy lives and it is back to life as usual. If you say no, you may want to reconsider your decision. Nowhere in the Bible does it speak of second chances. If you are wrong, it is too late once you die. Jesus died that we might have the free gift of eternal life, sins paid for in full, and a wonderful life with Him here and for all eternity.                                                                                                                                              Make your choice now. We live on the knife-edge of now! There are no guarantees that we have tomorrow.          

Act now! Why take chances.

  



As a senior citizen, I am dedicated to serving the Lord through sharing my experiences and insights with other believers. My primary focus is upon being an disciple of Jesus and, in being one, I can help others to find their spiritual way also. 
This article is original and not copywrited

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print