DIVINE FEAR FOR PROSPERITY
by ONOME OGBAJIBREDE

Scriptural Reading: Psalm 128:1-6

‘‘The Lord taketh pleasure in them that fear him, in those that hope in his mercy’’. Psalm 147:11 (KJV)

The fear of the Lord is an issue that is sacrosanct and is not subject to negotiation. Joseph feared God and that was why he refused to have an affair with his master’s wife. It was indeed a free offer, a blank cheque, but Joseph was wise to turn down such offer that would have ruined his life and put his soul in jeopardy. His will was to serve for God’s approval and not for human approval. This story can be found in the book of Genesis 39:7-14. However, God prospered Joseph and made him a Prime Minister in a foreign land.

Our scriptural reading from the book of Psalm 128:1-6, where we read records that everyone that fears God would be blessed and that they would eat the fruit of their labour and it shall be well with them. Such an individual’s wife would be fruitful and God would definitely make the children of such fellow do well and that they would live long to see many generations. Anyone that fears God will always fare well in life.

The ultimate creator is a mighty God that works with principles and our blessings are dependent on such principles if we are able to adhere strictly to them. God wants the best for us and He wants us to follow all the rules of engagement to enable us to access such blessings. God does not want us to disrespect Him so that we will not end up mortgaging our souls for destruction. When we fear God, we say ‘NO’ to sin and ‘YES’ to righteousness.

If we fear God, will all be well with us? For all to be well with us, let us see how we can hold on to this anchor scripture for our daily usage. Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear: Hebrews 12:28 (KJV). The key to prosperity is to fear God and to serve Him in a way and manner that will be acceptable to Him on a daily basis. This cannot happen without the help of the Holy Spirit and we have to welcome Him continuously in our daily engagement with God.

 

Dear Lord Jesus Christ, I thank you for your word and I ask for your Holy Spirit Divine to come and dwell in my life to enable me to fear you and to please you all the days of my life. Amen.

 

     When fear for mortals outweighs godly-fear, we build pyramids of destruction.

-The Writer-



OGBAJIBREDE Onome is an Evangelist and a Devotional Writer who inspires and encourages people to come closer to God. His Devotional has featured on Exploits Christian Magazine. He holds a Bachelor's Degree in Peace Studies & Conflict Resolution and can be contacted via [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print