DIVINE BUILD UP
by ONOME OGBAJIBREDE

Scriptural Reading: Jude 1: 20-21

‘‘If thou return to the Almighty, thou shalt be built up, thou shalt put away iniquity far from thy tabernacles.’’ Job 22:23 (KJV).

Addiction to the word of God is a toolkit for survival in our daily living. It comes with inspirational moments and times of refreshing from the throne of grace. The word of God is a spirit-builder that transforms human to extraordinary spiritual personalities.

Our scriptural reading where we read in the book of Jude 1:20-24, admonishes that praying in the Holy Spirit will help us build our faith in God. Believers cannot succeed without the Holy Spirit. He teaches how to pray well and we have to always welcome Him in our prayers to lead us the way. Jesus had the Holy Spirit in Him, Acts 10:38 and He was able to do exploit for God. As we pray, we have to confess our sins before God and ask for mercy for our prayers to be answered. As believers, our focal point is to reach out to sinners and witness Christ to them to enable them to be pulled out of destruction by striving to save them.

God Almighty is a spirit being and He wants us to always be like Him, and anytime we are praying, to always welcome the Holy Spirit fully into our midst and give Him the right of way to lead us through our prayers. God has compassion for humankind and has given us the great commission to witness to people so that they can be saved. If we return to God through prayers on a daily basis, making use of the Holy Spirit, He will build us up spiritually, thereby making us spirit based believers.

How can an individual be built up and be made a spirit based fellow? In our prayers, Jesus should be seen as the special guest of honour and the author of eternal salvation, the Holy Spirit which is the power of God in action must be welcomed and seen as the engine room of believers and the word of God as the sword of the spirit. When we adopt these strategies in our prayers to God every day, we build up our spirit in God and become like Him.

 

Dear Lord Jesus Christ, come and help me build my spirit in you and fortify me against evil.

 

       A spiritual fellow is a commander who builds positive things with a spoken word

                                                                                                                             -The Writer-



OGBAJIBREDE Onome is an Evangelist and a Devotional Writer who inspires and encourages people to come closer to God. His Devotional has featured on Exploits Christian Magazine. He holds a Bachelor's Degree in Peace Studies & Conflict Resolution and can be contacted via [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print