DWELLING IN THE DIVINE
by ONOME OGBAJIBREDE

‘‘I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.’’ John 15:5 (KJV)

A foundation holds the building firmly to the ground and every other thing fits in. No one individual can function in isolation. We all need a supportive measure which is an anchor that would hold us from not falling. This is a mainstay serving as a backbone for us. We are God’s foot soldiers and His patrol officers and we need Jesus Christ to survive.

John 15:5 ((KJV), where our text revolves means that as believers we cannot succeed on our own, we need Christ to enable us to weather every storm of life manfully. This is because when we abide in Him, we are crafted in Him and He becomes our driver while we remain His passengers always, but when we refuse to dwell in Him, we are exposed to unlimited dangers.

God is glorious and He is our refuge and strength and wants us to dwell in Christ always who is also known as Emmanuel (God with us) because He is an experienced captain of our boat and a great strategist who understands all the routes in our wilderness.

How can we dwell in Him? By receiving Him as our Lord and personal Saviour, studying His word daily, praying always and He will teach us how to live a holy and righteous life in this sinful world. We have to dwell Him to enable us to escape every hedge of the sword from the camp of our enemies and also to become sound believers. He will guide us.

 

Dear Lord Jesus Christ, give me the grace to dwell in you to enable me to do well in life with every member of my family. Amen.

 

         Dwelling in the Divine is the dragging of God’s hand for divine attention.



OGBAJIBREDE Onome is an Evangelist and a Devotional Writer who inspires and encourages people to come closer to God. His Devotional has featured on Exploits Christian Magazine. He holds a Bachelor's Degree in Peace Studies & Conflict Resolution and can be contacted via [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print