ONLY ONE LIFE FROM THE DIVINE
by ONOME OGBAJIBREDE

 If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come. Job 14:14 (KJV)

Life is a free gift that God has bestowed on all living creatures. The existence or survival of any mortal is dependent on it. The end of a breath is the expiration of life and it is only one without a spare and must be used to the glory of God and to the benefit of humankind. What we do on earth echoes in eternity.

The principal actor from where we took our passage from in the book of Job 14:14 (KJV) understood that life has no duplicate and once the breath terminates, there is no second chance and he asked a vital question that if a man die, shall he live again? The answer is NO. That means we must wait on God on a daily basis till every work of perfection in us is thoroughly carried out by God to make us perfect humans. This way we can fit into the kingdom business. God has given life to humankind and He wants us to use it to affect others positively and to live in holiness, righteousness, truth, purity and to live ready, for life in itself is not certain. Death can come unexpectedly and an individual may not have the opportunity to put things right. We live in a world of moral decadence and God wants us to keep ourselves chaste and to constantly prepare ourselves for eternity. As many are leaving the stage, others are returning to the stage. Jesus is calling us today to come to Him.

James 4:14 (KJV) ‘‘Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.’’

 

Dear father, help me not to die a sinner, come and pattern my life for me and help me to live ready and not get ready, help me to prepare myself on a daily basis for eternity. Amen

 

       Life is like a bank account, only God knows the remaining balance of our days



OGBAJIBREDE Onome is an Evangelist and a Devotional Writer who inspires and encourages people to come closer to God. His Devotional has featured on Exploits Christian Magazine. He holds a Bachelor's Degree in Peace Studies & Conflict Resolution and can be contacted via [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print