Divisions Among Christians Continues
by Rik Charbonneaux

"I urge you, brothers and sisters, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned." Romans 16:17 NIV

In the early 1800s, there were 500 Christian denominations worldwide and the differences between each were quite distinct. By 2012, there over 43,000 Christian denominations across the globe, some of which many feel are not even Christian.

You might ask just how did we get to such a high number (year 2019) from there (year 1800)? The answer would be: by division. Division first within the particular Christian denomination, and then within their particular areas and churches.

This division continues as strongly as ever, so much so that there is a new Christian denomination formed every 10 hours somewhere in the world (2.5 per day) and the total number of Christian denominations by year 2025 is estimated to be 55,000.*

As Christian denominations continue to lose their traditional identity, some say that a "multi-site" concept of church using on-line technology will become the way forward for them to have growth.

All Non-Catholics have become much more focused on what their particular church believes rather than what the particular denomination beliefs are and this is what they base their personal beliefs upon. As this becomes more so, the "multi-site" on-line church would also appeal to certain Christian detonations who have borrowed newer traditions from other detonations, such as Charismatic churches that now operate more like Baptists.

Some current multi-site practices have been able to draw in more of their on-line visitors through offering on-line studies and orientation presentations and then asking them come into special group studies in the church, all of which results with some attending normal church services and becoming members. (1 to 2 year process)

As the global landscape for Christian denominations continues to change, most Christians will change with it, for better or worse, but one thing still stays the same in the major Christian nations: church people are always the happiest people.

* "List of Christian Denominations and Their Beliefs" by Kent Shaffer. 6/22/2012



Rik Charbonneaux is a retired NE Iowan who loves all of God's Word and all of His creatures.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print