The Happiest People
by Rik Charbonneaux

"He that handleth a matter wisely shall find good: and whoso trusteth in the LORD, happy is he." Proverbs 16:20 KJV

From the continuing sexual abuse of women and children by the clergy to the outright financial fraud and theft committed by those entrusted with congregation assets, there are so many negative comments about churches being made today. It is painful to hear, and can even damper one's enthusiasm for certain ministries, but such things will never take away the joy that regular church worship can bring to the believer.

A February 1, 2019 Pew Research Center Report determined that people who identify with a religion (25 countries) and who regularly attend church tend to be happier and more involved civically.* Further, people who attend church regularly do not smoke or drink as much as those who do not, and that they place a higher value on friendship and community

Another great thing about this report is that it lists the health-related benefits, from healthy lifestyles to healthy relationships, that are driven by all of the aspects of regular church attendance. Our health science organizations confirms this.

"The secret to happiness", in the words of Alli Worthington, "is found in living a life seeking God. When we follow His commands, we find the true recipe for happiness." That kind of happiness is eternal.

*"Pew: People who attend church are happier than those who don't.", by Leah MarieAnn Klett, CP Living, 2/1/2019



Rik Charbonneaux is a retired NE Iowan who loves all of God's Word and all of His creatures.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print