THE DIVINE IS OUR GUIDE
by ONOME OGBAJIBREDE

Scriptural Reading: Nehemiah 9:19-21

‘ ‘For this God is our God for ever and ever: he will be our guide even unto death.’’ Psalms 48:14 (KJV)

In all my life’s journey, God has been faithful, guiding me always and giving me true peace and comfort. After graduation from the higher institution and the one-year mandatory youth service, the choice of where to settle became a problem. My intention was to settle in Lagos, Nigeria, but God’s plan for me was Abuja, Nigeria. I had to move to Abuja under divine guardianship, and it was in Abuja that I got a job, got married and became a true follower of Jesus Christ. God is still guiding people He loves on a daily basis.

From our scriptural reading where we took our text from in the book of Nehemiah 9:19-21, God did not abandon the Israelites who were His own people in the wilderness but He guided them with His good spirit and He was always instructing them and He did not allow His people to go hungry. His guardian delivered the Israelites from lack and want for forty years.

God is the only ultimate guide who knows how to lead people always. When He guides, mistakes are not encountered. He wants us to always look up to Him so that He can easily guide us whenever we want to take decisions or to do anything at all, maybe in the area of getting married to the right person, relocation, taking up appointment, in planning, doing business, leading other people as well, etc.

For God to guide us properly, Jesus is to be seen as our leader, true saviour and the author of eternal salvation. Here is a scripture we can apply always for God to guide us on a daily basis. ‘‘he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake.’’ Psalm 23:3 (NIV). Let us continue to pray with this scripture and God will always guide us of what to do at every point in life.

 

Dear Lord Jesus Christ, guide me and every member of my family on a daily basis, take our feet away from every form of evil and help us to succeed in whatever we do. Amen

 

                   When we are divinely guided, we move away from errors.

                                                                                                                          -The Writer-

 

 

 



OGBAJIBREDE Onome is an Evangelist and a Devotional Writer who inspires and encourages people to come closer to God. His Devotional has featured on Exploits Christian Magazine. He holds a Bachelor's Degree in Peace Studies & Conflict Resolution and can be contacted via [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print