Annointing
by Don Pedal

Recently I heard the word annointing used on several Christian stations. The word was used in different ways to express themselves and I began to get confused. I wondered how many other believers are also confused and just didn't say anything.                                                                   To give us a start, it might help to define what we mean by the word annointing . The Bible Dictionary states that annointing with oil was a symbol of endowment, with the Spirit of God, to the duties to which a person was consecrated. James 5:14 says "Is any one among you sick? Let him call the elders of the church to pray over them and annoint them with oil in the name of the Lord". Mark 6:13 says "They drove out many demons and annointed many sick people with oil and healed them. Isaiah 61:1 states "The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has annointed me to proclaim the good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners".We might begin with 2 Cor. 1:21 which says that "It is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He annointed  us."                                                                                     These are some examples of the way the Bible uses the word annointing. Many churches do not use the word, avoiding lengthy explanations. The question arises, is the use of the word still pertinent today, and why? The answer is yes. If it is in the Bible it is relevant today, and, used properly, will illuminate scripture in understanding God's Word. It will help new believers as well as others curious about the Bible. There is a great white harvest of souls out there who the Holy Spirit is waiting to touch. He wants to lead them to that wonderful life of serving God. Serving God means being born again, indwelt by The Holy Spirit and an annointed  ministry using skills you didn't know you had.                                                                                               Working in the white harvest is a great privilege. God trusts us with His honor and reputation as we serve Him. He expects us to use empathy and not sympathy, discretion and not judgment. People want to know how much we care before they care how much we know. We need to build a relationship before we can expect them to trust us with their more intimate thoughts and feelings. Building a relationship sometimes means being willing to put ourselves out and being there for them when they need us. We don't just meet them in church but pick them up and take them. We go in with them realizing they will probably feel strange in a new atmosphere. We sit with them and try to make them as comfortable as possible. They need to know we are there for them and they can rely on us. They need to know that they can call on us, and, to the best of our ability, we will be there for them.                                                                                                     The question now is --- what is your annointed ministry? We are all annointed to serve God in some way. If you aren't sure or don't know how He wants you to serve Him, then, during your quiet time, ask Him. The white harvest is waiting! Our Father said, "The harvest is great but the workers are few".                                                                                                                               Act now! We live on the knife edge of now. The white harvest is waiting! Souls are being lost every day for lack of faithful workers. You can make a difference!

 



As a senior citizen, I am dedicated to serving the Lord through sharing my experiences and insights with other believers. My primary focus is upon being an disciple of Jesus and, in being one, I can help others to find their spiritual way also. 
This article is original and not copywrited

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print