The Lord's Prayer - Today's Version
by Tammy Johnson

My Heavenly Father,

Your name is so holy! Power and authority come with the mere mention of your name.
May your kingdom work be done in my life today. May I walk in submission to your will. Please help me bring your perfect plans to this earth even as they are carried out every day in heaven.

Give me the wisdom I need today to make eternal choices. Give me just what I need to be fed physically, spiritually, and emotionally for this day. Forgive me for all the times I hold your name and character in light esteem through my actions or words. Forgive me for my selfish actions and living for myself rather than for your heavenly glory and kingdom. Help me to extend that same forgiveness and grace to those around me who may hurt my feelings or esteem me too lightly. Remind me it is not about me.

Show me the way to victory over temptation. Lead me to you when temptation crosses my path. Help me still harsh words that form on my tongue. Help me choose to rise to the diligence of keeping my home in order rather than spending time on selfish things. Help me put the dish towel aside to marvel at my child's picture. Help me put my book down to snuggle with my sleepy child and tell them how much I adore them. Help me pick-up the phone or run an errand to show someone outside my family that they are important and that I care.

Protect me and my family from the evil intent of the enemy. Surround us so that the arrows are extinguished.

Father, your kingdom is all that matters. Thank you that there is no power greater than yours and that you have chosen to grant me access to it at all times. Your glory and name are what will last forever and ever. Help me walk in that.

I say all this in the power of your name,

Amen!

Tammy Johnson is a pastor's wife and mother of two darlings.  When she is not folding laundry, washing dishes, or scrubbing toilets you can find her typing away on the keyboard, rounding up bits of stories written on napkins and gum wrappers, or snuggling with her family and a good book.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print