Peripheral Vision
by PamFord Davis

How’s your peripheral perception? Could you pass a vision test?

Driver instructors frequently remind their pupils to be aware of their surroundings.

Do I ‘perceive’ the needs of others around me?

“Now Peter and John were going up together to the temple complex at the hour of prayer at three in the afternoon. And a man who was lame from birth was carried there and placed every day at the temple gate called Beautiful, so he could beg from those entering the temple complex. When he saw Peter and John about to enter the temple complex, he asked for help.  Peter, along with John, looked at him intently and said, ‘Look at us.’ So he turned to them, expecting to get something from them. But Peter said, ‘I don’t have silver or gold, but what I have, I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, get up and walk!’ Then, taking him by the right hand he raised him up, and at once his feet and ankles became strong. So he jumped up, stood, and started to walk, and he entered the temple complex with them—walking, leaping, and praising God (Acts 3:1-8 HCSB).”

Peter and John passed thei test with flying colors!

The apostles looked closely at the man; they didn’t dismiss him as an annoying beggar. Instead, they saw his need and his worth. Begging was the only means of support the lame man had known. Up until then, his legs could not support his frame. Peter offered him mobility; yet, he drew no attention to himself. He credited healing to Jesus.

In humility and compassion, Peter extended a helping hand. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print