The Long and Bumpy Road
by PamFord Davis

The long and bumpy road…
 
The Fab Four (Beatles) made a long and winding road popular.

Who knows? Maybe I will make the long and bumpy road a sing-along-song.

Nah, not much chance of that.

Today, I traveled one of many such area roads with my husband. It was common place; rural roads are hard to maintain. There was a tourist attraction at the end of this particular road; he commented on a tourist’s likely reaction upon arrival. Riding the long and bumpy road, they may have wondered if they had missed a turn-off. Seeing the bright colorful sign marking their destination, they’d be relieved.

Let’s be honest; life ias a long and bumpy road.

We have been forewrned.

“I have told you these things so that in Me you may have peace. You will have suffering in this world. Be courageous! I have conquered the world (John 16:33 HCSB).”

Jesus is worth it all; we will reach our destination. He is preparing our heavenly home for us; the LORD who created the rainbow will meet us there.

Though the road is long and bumpy, we won’t get side lined. With determination, we’ll travel the narrow way.

“Enter through the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the road is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who go through it.  How narrow is the gate and difficult the road that leads to life, and few find it (Matthew 7:13 HCSB).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print